- Preventive Dentistry: Professional cleaning, diagnostic X-rays, comprehensive oral examination, oral cancer examination, fluoride treatment, sealants, and oral hygiene instructions
- Cosmetic Dentistry: Teeth whitening, tooth bonding, porcelain laminates, enamel contouring, replacement of silver fillings, tooth colored fillings, and in-office bleaching
- Endodontics: Root Canals
- Prosthodontics: Tooth Replacement
- Periodontics: Treatment of the Gums
- Pedodontics: Children’s Dentistry
- Dental Comfort: Nitrous oxide (laughing gas), anti-anxiety drugs
A porcelain veneer is a very thin facing that is bonded to the front surface of the tooth. The procedure is minimal and sometimes there is no removal of tooth enamel. They are a good treatment option for spacing, chipped and worn teeth. This process also allows you to change the color of congenially stained teeth.
During the bonding process, tooth-colored filling material is glued to the tooth. This is usually used to close gaps (spaces) between teeth, and it usually-lasts for 5 years or longer.
Bleaching, which is in fact oxidation, can lighten the color of your teeth. We provide in-office bleaching sessions, after which you can continue to enhance the bleaching process with take-home trays.
Enamelplasty is where we re-contour the enamel of the teeth. This helps correct small chips, pointed teeth, and fix places that start to wear out due to age or bruxism (grinding your teeth). It is a very conservative procedure and usually requires no anesthesia.
Lost teeth can be replaced in a couple of ways by either a fixed bridge can be placed in an area where a few teeth are missing, or implants can be used.
In cases of multiple tooth loss, a denture or a partial denture is make so your smile still looks as natural as ever.
We recommend that children be seen every 6 months to prevent any major dental problems. Contact us today, or call us directly, at 703-878-7969 in Woodbridge or 540-785-2558 in Fredericksburg, for more information on children’s dentistry.