Periodontics Treatments for Fredericksburg, VA
Turn to the dental offices of Dr. Michael Morch DDS, PC, when you or a family member requires periodontal services in the Fredericksburg, VA, area. Our patient’s tooth care is our top priority, so we use a personal touch with each interaction we have. This allows for an atmosphere of calm and comfort to begin your periodontal visit with Dr. Morch. We know that not everyone enjoys visiting the dentist and this why we promote an atmosphere of peace and professionalism. For times that you suffer from any periodontal disease, it’s imperative to visit an experienced dentist as soon as possible.
What is Periodontics?
Periodontics is the specialized treatment of tooth-supporting structures like the gums and bones. A periodontist is the specialized field of dentistry that diagnoses and treats periodontal diseases, also known as gum disease. Dr. Morch is the Fredericksburg area periodontal specialists with additional schooling. He provides a wealth of knowledge and experience in treating gum disease thoroughly.
Periodontics Treatments Available
Periodontal disease is often treated effectively with one non-surgical cleaning. This unique cleaning, called “scaling and root planing” removes tartar and plaque build-ups from the surface of the tooth and the root. If this deep cleaning does not enable the gum tissue to heal and the periodontal pockets to shrink, then Dr. Morch may prescribe medications like pills or special mouthwashes to combat the disease. Dental surgery is recommended as a last resort.
Other services available at our office near Fredericksburg include:
- Crown lengthening: This cosmetic procedure lengthens the tooth by removing excess gum tissue that causes the teeth to appear short.
- Gum grafting: When the gum has receded too far, a portion of the gum or palate is surgically adhered to the gums to protect the tooth.
- Prophylaxis: This method of deep cleaning prevents gingivitis from growing and thriving in the mouth.
- Pocket irrigation: This Irrigation eliminates plaque buildup from between the teeth preventing an array of long-lasting periodontal problems.
- Implants: Tooth implants are a prosthetic tooth surgically implanted in the jawbone after any toothless.
- Regenerative bone grafts: When periodontal disease is not treated it can move into the jawbone. Regenerative bone grafts will restore damaged bone and regrow new bone.
Call Our Offices Today
Call the offices of Dr. Michael Morch DDS, PC today to schedule a periodontist visit today. We are Fredericksburg, VA’s, most trusted dentist. You can reach our friendly staff at 702-878-7969.