Periodontist in Woodbridge, VA – Dr. Michael Morch DDS PC
For patients in Woodbridge, VA seeking out periodontal treatment, look to the office of Dr. Michael Morch DDS PC. Patient care is our number one priority, and that’s we keep a personalized atmosphere where you come in and immediately feel at ease. You can count on the entire staff for friendly, quality dental services when you come to us. For those times that you need extensive dental treatment, it’s important to visit a periodontist. Periodontal disease can lead to major dental issues such as gingivitis and periodontitis.
What Does a Periodontist Do?
Periodontists differ from dentists in that they receive three additional years of education beyond dental school in order to specialize in major dental issues, such as periodontal disease. They contribute towards prevention and diagnosis and will review a patient’s medical history and not just dental history. Periodontists are knowledgeable with the latest techniques when it comes to diagnosing and treating periodontal disease, and they’re up-to-date on cosmetic periodontal procedures.
At the office of Dr. Michael Morch DDS PC, our periodontal treatment services in Woodbridge, VA include:
- Implants – Dental implants are a great contributor towards good oral health. While they seem straightforward, they require advanced training in order for them to be successful.
- Periodontal Disease (Gum Disease) – Gum disease is caused when plaque grows into the gum line. The bacteria in plaque produce toxins that irritate the gums and cause them to be inflamed. If gum disease is diagnosed, there are treatments available.
- Crown Lengthening – Crown lengthening is a cosmetic procedure for those who have too much gum tissue, thus making the teeth seem shorter than they are.
- Gum Grafting – Gum grafting is a surgical procedure that helps cover up exposed root surfaces (recessions).
- Regenerative Bone Grafting – Sometimes periodontal disease can hinder the bone that supports your teeth. When this happens, regenerative bone grafting can help restore the support your teeth need.
- Pocket Irrigation – Pocket irrigation is there to help clean plaque buildup between your teeth and gums in order to prevent major dental issues.
- Prophylaxis – This is a deep dental cleaning to help prevent gingivitis from developing into gum disease.
- Bruxism – Also known as teeth grinding, there are treatments available to help prevent bruxism from occurring.
Call the Office of Dr. Michael Morch DDS PC Today
Schedule an appointment with Woodbridge, VA’s trusted dental practice today at 703-878-7969. The friendly staff at Dr. Michael Morch DDS PC is ready to welcome you into the office and take care of you by providing quality periodontal treatment.